Farmington Road (Murray to Hocken) Improvement Project
- Maintain erosion control measures during winter months
- Pour concrete sidewalk on south side between 142nd and Murray
- Paving prep work in several areas to accommodate shifting of traffic (more details below)
- Temporary striping work for traffic lane shift
- Fill tree wells with top soil between 139th and Normandy
- Sewer line installation
- Reconstruction work on Hocken
- Road work (excavating) at Murray and Farmington
- Continue sewer line work
- Prep work to make improvements to the north side
Vehicles and bicycles:
Starting Wednesday, Jan. 20, vehicle and bicycle traffic will shift to accommodate the sewer line work that will be occurring down the center of the roadway for the next four to five weeks.
- Eastbound traffic will be on the south side
- Westbound traffic will be on the north side
When needed, traffic may be reduced down to one lane with flaggers moving each direction of traffic (see lane restriction hours allowed below).
Left turns into driveways and onto side streets remain restricted during construction – plan accordingly. Obeying this restriction will be critical when sewer line work occurs down the center of the road. There will be varying road grades due to trenching work.
Law enforcement will continue to assist in monitoring the work zone to ensure travelers are following all traffic control measures in place.
Travelers should expect delays or use alternate routes during construction. TV Highway and Allen Boulevard are the suggested alternate routes for through traffic, including truck traffic.
- Daytime work hours: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday (weekends as needed)
- Lane restriction hours: 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday
Pedestrians will continue using the north side of the road until the sidewalk is poured on the south side (and when north side road work begins). TriMet bus stops will remain available for the #52 bus line.