Farmington Road (Murray to Hocken) Improvement Project
- Weekend work is scheduled for Oct. 28-30 at the intersection of Farmington Rd and Murray Blvd (weather permitting). The weekend work is estimated to take place from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. and flaggers will be present. The outside lanes on westbound and eastbound Farmington will be closed. Vehicles and bicyclists are urged to use alternate routes such as TV Hwy and Allen Blvd. The weekend of Nov. 4-6, work will occur from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. and the inside lanes on westbound and eastbound Farmington will be closed, and left hand turns from westbound Farmington will be restricted.
- Night work has been extended to Friday, Nov. 18. The continued night work includes finishing up the installation of upgraded sanitary sewer, storm drainage and water lines, throughout the intersection at Farmington and Murray. About 1,000 feet of water line will be placed in the coming weeks as well as the upgraded sanitary sewer lines. Delays have occurred because weather and conflicts with existing utilities. Part of the process of the construction is working with utility companies to move any lines/cables that are in the route of construction. This all must be done in a safe and orderly manner.
- Private utilities are currently relocating their facilities on the north side of the Farmington Road. After the relocation, work including curb, sidewalks and paving will occur.
- Vehicles and bicyclists are urged to use alternate routes including SW Allen Blvd or SW Tualatin-Valley Highway. The maps below highlight the area of night work and alternate bike routes.
City’s traffic alerts page at www.BeavertonOregon.gov/trafficalerts
For information on bus routes/service disruptions:
For general project information, click here
Progress to date:
- The first phase of the Farmington Project—the widening of the south side of Farmington including the installation of a new box culvert at Erickson Creek—has been completed. The second phase which includes the sewer line installation on the south side of Farmington Road is complete.
- Work will not be performed Nov. 24 and 25, and Dec. 24 through Jan. 1, 2017.
- The fourth phase which includes improvements to the Farmington Road and Murray Boulevard intersection has begun. A portion of this work is being performed at night through Nov. 18. Night work will also occur toward the end of the project in spring 2017.
- The final layer of paving on both Murray and Farmington intersection, to include the portion of Farmington between Murray and Hocken, will occur in the spring of 2017.